Sunday, October 23, 2005

Lets get knitting!

I have been toying with the idea to start a Knitting Club in Coventry for a few years now. Ever since I got back into knitting when I was expecting my first child, I have wanted to share my skills and have a place where you met people and swapped ideas.

Yesterday I got the new Simply Knitting magazine and it hah an article about Educating New Knitters.
Crafts are off the National Cirriculum and out of the Nation's schools - but not for long if this crafty campign succeeds. All it needs is you!

So I really need to do something now. I have always been passionate about us loosing our crafting Heritage, hence joining Coventry's Spinning Guild and The Oxfords War of the Roses Re-enactment group.

So here it is the birth of the new group - it doesn't have a cool name yet, or a venue or indeed any members, but I hope that will change in good time!

No comments: