Sunday, February 19, 2006

New things!

Firstly, I finished the Bloo mittens (Mittens made to look like Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)... I modified a free two-needle mitten pattern to make the flaps.



And the nice lady brought my spinning wheel over this morning, at first I thought it was going to need some fixing up but it turned out it was just mis-assembled, so I cleaned it up, put it back together and it is working perfectly :) All I have had to do is replace the pedal string and put a couple of knitting needles through the intergrated Lazy Katy. I spun a bit of wool up and it have a really nice feel to it and it is easier to control the speed that some of the ones I tried at the guild. Anyway, pictures:





She is a Haldane Double Drive Castle Wheel supposedly and an absolute bargin at £40, as one absolutely identitical to this sold on ebay this morning for $190.

I am absolutely thrilled with it, the lady was pleased to get rid of it too, so all in all a productive morning!

1 comment:

Kellie Sweeney said...

Love the Boo gloves!! Hope your swap pal enjoys them

The spinning wheel looks fab - new hobby emerging? or just the method to feed your yarn addiction