Friday, December 29, 2006

Last minute xmas projects, LR progress, more media


This is the blanket I completed on 23rd December - a last minute present for the Cog's dad, who has ME, and gets cold. It's full needle rib, the entire length of the chunky machine bed and I used up a few oddments to make it. Mental note - FNR on the chunky gauge should be kept to no thicker than 4ply. It was ruddy hard work!


One skein scarf, crocheted from the "Happy Hooker" book. Alas, I failed to compare the length required with the length I had, so had to skimp a bit - lost a row of trebles, and cheated on the bobbly edge somewhat. Just made it by the skin of my teeth!



Lizard Ridge squares - the progress so far! Aren't they purdy?!



Crocheted ipod case, also from the "Happy Hooker" book. Alas, it fits the old ipod and is a little too big for the nano. Now he's opened it I can measure up, and make a smaller version. Anybody need an ipod cover, with integral belt loop?! :)

I got some cool presents this year - one being The Knitter's Handbook by Montse Stanley. Who knew there were 10 odd cast-on methods? I only knew there were 2! Funnily enough I'd bid on this book on Ebay before xmas, and missed out by 50p. I dunno how the Cog (my other half) knew I was lusting after this book!

Kellie was on BBC CWR last night talking about the Coventry Knit-Wits, and we were featured in the Coventry Evening Telegraph yesterday - I knew they'd pick a week when I wouldn't be able to get hold of a copy (having been in Rugby all week!)

See y'all on Wednesday 3rd!

No comments: