Thursday, March 29, 2007

One wobbly lined scarf

It was a quiet meeting last night, although there was some fascination with my other half's efforts to turn himself into a singing tree (this is a costume piece) and at some point I shall bring along his prize possession, a knitted cravat.

I made good progress on the wobbly line scarf; such good progress in fact, that when I went home I continued and finished it!!!!

Cue me last night trying to get Dave to show some enthusiasm for woolen winter garments and waving it under his nose again this morning before heading out to work. He says it's very stretchy, which I think is a compliment.

Anyway, here it is along with my ever present assistant Charlie who lay down next to it the instant I got the camera out and refused to budge. No matter how I try, I can't cut him out of the picture (and who'd want to, he is so sweet) so we get two for one in this image.



This scarf is the result of many weeks, intermittant knitting with a row here and a row there as the approach as I've tried to fit it in around work and sewing projects. I'm relieved to finally get it done - all seventy six inches of it - and feeling very pleased with myself since it is stitch perfect. I even cast off in pattern!

For any who are interested, it's based on this pattern but I've increased the stitch count as when I knit up a few inches to test the pattern, it proved to be only 3 inches wide as opposed to the more respectable 6 inches it is now. I'm very pleased with the result, which is a long, thick and good width scarf which should keep someone very warm in winter.




And whilst on the subject of finished items, here is another for those who may wish to see. This is sewing rather than knitting, but posting it here for those who haven't seen it and might want to. This is a bodice I finished last weekend which is intended for use in a LARP game from Easter onwards. It's made of cotton moleskin and lined in white cotton, is high waisted with princess seams and godets and is adjustable at the sides. There were an awful lot of eyelets on this one!

(Click on the images to see bigger versions.)

No comments: