Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sweetpea in plum

I finished the Sweetpea Shawl on Saturday evening and blocked it out on the patio on Sunday, taking advantage of the fine weather. I laid out an old bedspread, weighing down the corners with bottles of water and pinned the shawl in place before spraying liberally with clean water.



I had to have stern words with both cats when they decided to try to help, but other than that it went well enough and about three hours later the shawl was dry. I carefully unpinned it and was relieved when it didn't immediately spring back into it's previous shape.










Sunday and Monday night I sat attaching tassles and voila! One Sweetpea Shawl.

I'm really pleased with this one and I think it's probably the nicest thing I've ever crocheted. Before blocking it looked fairly good but now it is really pretty and the pattern has opened out so it can be easily seen. I'm impressed both with the shawl and the transformation brought about by blocking.




As always, click on the pictures to see bigger versions.

No comments: