Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ravelry

Ravelry came up in conversation tonight at group, so I thought I'd post a link so that those who aren't already signed up (or at least on the long waiting list) could see what it is and sign themselves up if they wish.

Ravelry describes itself as "a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration."

From what I can gather (I'm way down the waiting list so not likely to be able to give a hands on review for some time) users can keep track of their yarn, patterns, projects etc and also engage in chat, shared projects, patterns libraries, easily find like minded bloggers and enthusiasts and, well all sorts of stuff that combine a social network type site with an online catalogue.

I can't wait to join! I check most days on the waiting list checker to see how long I have to wait for my invite. I suggest if you haven't already then you add your name to the list ASAP!

1 comment:

Twinkle Toes said...

I'm on it!

Makes you face up to your stash - and is a real enabler(!)

Love it!!