Monday, September 18, 2006

Knitting and Stitching Show

I had a great time at the K&S show, I managed to more or less stick within budget, despite falling totally in love with most of the yarns on the Colinette stand a some others.

Purchases included some Alpaca in 2 compimentary shades to make a really soft scarf (I think the pattern is a bit like the dishcloth pattern that Kellie has), some multi colured purple pure wool to make a large felted bag with, several balls of sock yarn and a cross sticth kit (Dimensions Gold wolves in winter kit), which for some reason was lacking the aida needed for the kit (but had everything else) and was £24, yes £24 cheaper than the identical kit with the aida included. Bargain!!!! I bought a piece of aida for only £4 which means a £20 saving on a fab kit!

I managed to stop myself buying some banana yarn (made from the fibres of banana leaves) as I didn't know what I would do with it. I also took down lots of details for a wish list for the future!).

Also saw Jane at the machine knitters guild stand with some of the Innocent hats she has already made! She also caught me "hugging" some of the Colinette yarns later on!

I'll bring my buys in on Wednesday.

No comments: